sábado, 24 de enero de 2015

Escenas & Diálogos (13): If I Stay

Sección que creó el blog Paradise Of Words, que consiste en escribir las escenas y diálogos que te gustaron de un libro que leíste.      
 * Esta sección puede tener spoilers *


 People liked me well enough, but they also didn't really know me.
 Listening to him, I'm always reminded of why I started playing cello in the first place–that there is something so human and expressive about it.
 If I looked up he was going to kiss me. And it took me by surprise how much I wanted to be kissed by him.
 I think we were aware that we were falling in love.
 “Cut it out!” Kim interjects. “Mia is still here. So I'm not losing it. And if I don't lose it, you don't get to!”
 This always made Kim laugh. “People believe what they want to believe”, she said.
 I wish I could hug her. To thank her for always being one step ahead of what I need.
 “Every fiction has its base in fact”, he tells her.
 I know that all the magic kisses in the world probably couldn't have helped him today. But I would do anything to have been able to give him one.
 What would it be like if I stay? What would it feel like to wake up an orphan? To never smell Dad smoke a pipe? To never stand next to Mom quietly talking as we do the dishes? To never read Teddy another chapter of Harry Potter? To stay without them?
 I'm not sure this is a world I belong in anymore. I'm not sure that I want to wake up.
 I realize now that dying is easy. Living is hard.
 “I was desperate.”
 “No, you were romantic,” she tells him.
 “But I'd understand if you chose love, Adam love, over music love. Either way you win. And either way you lose. What can I tell you? Love's a bitch.”
 She stops for a minute. “But after what's happened today, that would be nothing. Even going to jail would be easy compared to losing you.”
 “I do have a point to all this,”she continues. “There are like twenty people in that waiting room right now. Some of them are related to you. Some of them are not. But we're all your family.”
 “(…) that maybe it'd be easier for you to erase us. And that would suck, but I'd do it. I can lose you like that if I don't lose you today. I'll let you go. If you stay.”

4 comentarios :

  1. ¡Holii!
    Que ganas tengo de leer el libro por dios, a ver si puedo hacerme con el pronto, un beso :D

    ResponderEliminar
    Respuestas
    1. Holaa :) Espero que puedas leerlo, a mi en serio me gustó muchísimo y te lo recomiendo mucho… Es hermoso.

      Eliminar
  2. Me gustó mucho éste libro!! :D
    gracias por las frases :3

    Saludos!

    ResponderEliminar
    Respuestas
    1. Qué bueno que te haya gustadoooo!
      Gracias por leer :D

      Eliminar